STEEL TO FEATHERS — Hard to soft has been a recurring theme that runs through my life as well as my painting. I drew and colored pictures from early childhood as most children do, I just never grew out of it. In 1967 I served as a Peace Keeper in Cyprus where I drove an armored car but I still painted and made posters we hung on our cars. After the army I worked as a diesel mechanic at OC Transpo during the day, but at night I painted birds and other wildlife. While working there I also designed the OC Transpo flag and Transecure logo as well as some other logos and pins. Heavy work took a toll on my body but five hours of painting each night revamped my spirit. Since 2003, I have been able to paint full time and I still paint subjects from steel to feathers. My interest lies in texture, colors and shapes more than subject mater whether I am painting a chickadee or a steam train.
Acrylic on Board
My subject matter is comprised of Canadian scenes, namely: Landscapes, Cityscapes and Wildlife (cards and prints are also available).
Some of my graphics can be seen around Ottawa (OC Transpo Flag, Transecure Logo, etc.).
- participated in art shows across Ontario for approximately twenty years.
- have been a full time artist for the past three years.
- have been a member of Nepean Fine Art League for nineteen years.
- although mainly self-taught, I have attended courses and seminars pertaining
to painting and art marketing.
Paintings or prints donated to:
- Seeing Eye Dogs (auction)
- Big Sisters Big Brothers Ottawa (auction)
- Volunteer Ottawa(Mayor’s Walk- draw)
- Watercan (auction)
- Bayshore Boy Scouts (draw)
- Ottawa Carleton Wildlife Week (auction)
Past Art Shows
- Nepean Fine Arts League Christmas Show(1989 – 2005)
- Ottawa Duck Club Show (1989 – 1995)
- Jazz Festival (1990 – 1998)
- Mississippi Arts Festival (1991-1993)
- NFAL Clothesline Fair (1992 – 2005)
- NFAL Spring Show (2006)
- Ottawa Arts Association Show (1992)
- Kawartha Arts Festival –Fenelon Falls (1993 – 2006)
- Kanata Christmas Show (1994)
- Bon Echo Art Show (1997 – 2006)
- Waterfowl Day –Ingleside (1997)
- Canadian Museum of Nature- Art in Nature Festival (1998 – 2001)
- Art in the Park-Stratacona Park (2001 – 2006)
- Art at the Farm- Experimental Farm (2005)
- National Capital Region Wildlife Festival (artists committee rep.) (2002 – 2006)
- Billings Estate Museum Show (2003)
- Artisans at the Winery – Niagara on the Lake(2004 – 2005)
- Merrickville Fine Arts Festival (2006)
95, Sherway Drive
(613) 825 3704