Christiane Kingsley is an award winning fine arts painter who works in watercolour, acrylic,oil and mixed media. She has been very involved in the Ottawa arts community over the last decade. She served for two years on the board of directors of the Foyer Gallery, the executive of the Ottawa Art Association and was the Gallery Coordinator for the Nepean Fine Arts League. She is also the art co-curator for the Café 111 Lisgar Gallery in the Ottawa City Hall building.
One of her favourite themes is stone carvings: her watercolour series include Italian sculptures such as Michelangelo’s David as well as Mascaroni (carved head over archways) from her several trips to Venice, carvings from the Gothic façade of the Canadian Parliament. In both watercolour and acrylic, she loves to paint leaves with light or water shining through and a lot of her work includes the shimmer of gold leaf. Christiane has become well-known over the past few years for her unique hand-embossed pewter designs on an acrylic background. These have been purchased by buyers all over the world.
Christiane is an explorer at heart and loves to try new surfaces, new styles and techniques. Abstract paintings and portraits are her new artistic loves.
Christiane’s work can be found in private and corporate collections in Canada, USA, Australia, Europe and Great Britain.
- Kevin Dodds Gallery, 1101 Bank St., Ottawa from its opening in 2013 to its closure in Sept. 2017
- Ottawa School of Art Downtown Gallery, Georges St. Ottawa
- Foyer Gallery, Nepean Sportsplex
- Saatchi Online – online version of the famous London Gallery
Recent Prestigious Awards
-Best of Show (Watercolour) – Nov. 2014-Ottawa School of Art (downtown) annual juried fund raiser show.
-Paraskava Clark Award – June 2014 – Nepean Fine Arts League- Most creative and innovative artwork
Blythe-MacDonald Trophy – 2012 – Best Watercolour Painting – Ottawa Art Assoc.
-Ottawa Art Association – 3rd prize- Watercolour – 2011 Fall Show
- Foyer Gallery – Ongoing
- Glebe Fine Art Annual Show – Sept. 2017
- Two-Artist Show – Green Door Restaurant- May 2017
- Permanent Exhibit – Holiday Inn, Graffiti’s restaurant, Kanata, September 2016- July 2017
- Solo Show- Il Primo Restaurant, Preston St. Ottawa –Jan-Feb. 2017
- Nepean Fine Art League- Winter Show – Dec. 2016
- Graffiti Restaurant – Kanata Holiday Inn – from September 2016 to ongoing
- Solo Show – Green Door Restaurant – June 2016
- Foyer Gallery – “Renewals”– 4 artist show -April-May 2016
- Nepean Fine Art League Spring Show and Sale – May 2016
- Ottawa School of Art – Boutique Gallery, Downtown Campus: ongoing
Christiane’s first love is watercolour and her watercolour paintings have won prestigious awards. She has completed major commissions in watercolour, including corporate commissions.
Christiane also enjoys painting with acrylics, either for abstracts or with a negative painting technique she has learned from Linda Kemp during several workshop in the USA.
Christiane has become well-known over the past few years for her unique hand-embossed pewter designs on an acrylic background. These have been purchased by buyers all over the world.
As a life-long learner, Christiane has studied and continues to study, with several internationally-known artists such as Nancy Medina (Texas), Linda Kemp (Canada), Caroline Jasper (Florida), Kevin Dodds (Canada), John Bayalis (Florida).