Katrin is a painter/printmaker who is strongly drawn to the abstract and the power it has to provoke our thoughts and push the limits of our imagination. She works intuitively in the present – learning from the simple act of making. Her artwork reflects her experiences and her emotions. She captures the essence of these moments through a symphony of the mind, the hands and the eyes. Her visual vocabulary is primarily organic and geometric forms punctuated by random mark making. Chance and accident are embraced and enjoyed.
For Katrin, fine art printmaking is the ultimate adventure – the smell and consistency of the ink, combined with line and form, the feel of the paper and the pressure of the press. Layers and textures arise in unrepeatable and complex prints. It is at once simple and yet often quite challenging. All these variables form a kind of magic where each time feels like the first time all over again.
Her artwork is held in private collections in Canada, the United States and Europe.
Honorable Mention, Awagami International Miniprint, Tokushima, Japan, Oct 2015
Juried Print Exhibitions
- Small Print International, Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, Sept 2-Oct 30, 2016
- Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition, Nathan Phillips Square, Toronto, ON, July 8-10, 2016
- 15th Lessedra World Miniprint, Lessedra Gallery, Sofia, Bulgaria, June 15-Sept 30, 2016
- Biennale Internationale d”Estampe de Druex, l’Hotel Dieu, Dreux, France, May 26-Aug 28, 2016
- Small Print International, Attenborough Arts, Leicester, England, May 6-Jul 7, 2016
- 10th International Miniprint, Bendheim Gallery, Greenwich, CT, USA, Apr 14-May 19, 2016
- 6th International Miniprint Biennial, Ottawa, ON, Mar 31-May 15, 2016
- Awagami International Miniprint Exhibition, Tokushima, Japan, Oct 10-Nov 8, 2015
- Expressions of Art, Carp, ON, Canada, Oct 9-11, 2015
- Glebe Fine Art Show, Ottawa, ON, Canada, Set 19-20, 2015
- The Print Show 2015, John B. Aird Gallery, Toronto, ON, Canada, July 28-Aug 21, 2015
- 35th Miniprint Internacional de Cadaques, Cadaques, Spain, Jun 27-Sep 30, 2015
- 10th International Miniprint, Centre for Cont. Printmaking, Norwalk, CT, USA, Jun 7-Aug 30, 2015