Marie is an artist who over the years has worked in oils, papermache, watercolour, and acrylic. She has studied with the following artists: Morton Baslaw (Ottawa School of Art), Shawn McNevin, and Nancy Mayron. Marie enjoys traveling and many of her works have been inspired by her travels thought Canada and other countries.
Marie’s work is bright, using bold colours to achieve the look she wants. Marie was born in Chicoutimi, Quebec and raised in Ottawa, where she resides. In 2011, Marie was selected by the City of Ottawa to work from their Staffford Studios. Presently, Marie also sits on the executive of the Nepean Fine Arts League.
Marie has taken part in many shows over the years, more recently:
- 2014 to present day: Kevin Dodds Galley , Ottawa, Ontario
- 2014 Sports Medicine Clinic , Ottawa, Ontario
- 2015 Nepean Fine Arts League Spring Show and Sale Ottawa, Ontario
- 2015 Biagio’s Restaurant, Ottawa, Ontario
Future Shows in 2015-2016:
- eyeDOCS Ottawa
- StaffordStudio’s Open House, for Culture Days Ottawa
- Nepean Fine Arts League Fall Show and Sale, Ottawa
- Kevin Dodds Gallery, Ottawa